Uncategorized

Hair transplant challenges for children with alopecia

Excessive hair loss, or alopecia, in a child can have devastating and unexpected effects on the child’s self-esteem, and parents aloud look for alternative hair solutions. It is not very common for children to lose hair, but in the United States alone, about 2 million children lose hair each year. No one expects a young child to lose hair. Parents are often surprised and do not know what to do. There are many causes of hair loss in children, most of which are related to medication. The first step when your child loses too much hair is always the first physical problem that can cause hair loss by consulting your doctor before looking for a hair replacement solution. Is to get rid of. Research institutes for alopecia are also under investigation.
Parents should be encouraged to know that toupee 60% of children with alopecia exceed this condition on their own and no long-term solution for hair transplantation is needed. Often within a year or so. Unfortunately, the other 40% of children who do not have such a preferred solution to this problem and need a long-term solution for hair replacement. And even if it’s only a year, time can seriously harm a child’s self-esteem. As adults, most of a child’s identity is related to their hair and appearance. Children who look different can be unintended targets for the plague of other children. For parents watching their children experience this, the overwhelming goal is to find a solution. Hair replacement can not only restore lost hair in children, but also restore their self-esteem. Non-surgical hairpieces, wigs and hair systems installed to appear undetectable by professional hair transplant clinics can provide the peace of mind that parents and children want, even in temporary situations. Some of the most common causes of excessive hair loss in children who need a long-term solution for hair replacement are:

o Scalp ringworm: A contagious fungal infection of the scalp, also known as ringworm of the scalp. The worm is not involved, but the fungus can shed hair with large round spots at the base.
o Alopecia areata: A mysterious hair loss that can range from small spots to complete hair loss. Some believe that there is a genetic component here and that the immune system is related to the nervous system / immune system that attacks the root hairs.
o Pulling alopecia: It is the hairstyle from braids to pigtails, due to the constant pulling of the hair. It can damage the roots and cause hair loss.
o Trichotillomania: The urge to pull hair and cause hair loss in the spot.
Some of the most common causes of temporary hair loss in children who need a short-term solution for hair replacement are:

o Emotional stress, high fever, and the flu can cause hair to fall out until the next stage of growth when it begins to grow.
o Chemotherapy / radiation therapy: This temporary alopecia is caused by intensive care used to kill the cancer.
Whatever the reason for hair loss, it can take months, sometimes years, for the hair to recover as before, so you should use a short-term or long-term hair transplant solution. Human hair goes through a growth cycle in which new hair begins to grow after hair loss, unless any of the above conditions prevent it from growing again. Usually, the amount of hair contained at one time is only 10%. However, if something impedes regrowth, initially gradual hair loss can accelerate until a significant loss of the child’s scalp occurs.

Comments Off on Hair transplant challenges for children with alopecia